Sunday, September 13, 2009

Yet Another Reason I Love Apple

I tried to backup my iTunes music. I really did. I had it on an external USB drive. I set up Carbonite (which doesn't backup external USB drives :( ) I also started synching my library to my husband's using the new Family share in iTunes 9. But, when the roof sprung a leak and destroyed my USB drive and many important components of my beloved Macbook pro, I found I hadn't quite backed up enough.

I had heard rumors that the iTunes store would grant a one-time only re-download of my entire library in case of just such an emergency. I emailed them with my tale of woe, and less than 24 hours later, I am downloading everything I have ever bought from iTunes.

Now, I won't compare them with Audible, which lets me download my stuff whenever I want as many times as I want because I am just feeling too much Apple love. Now, I just need to figure out a way to earn enough money to fix or replace my beloved Macbook Pro.

No comments: